(18months to 2years)
Toddlers are children between the ages of 18 months and 2 years. At this stage, children are rapidly developing their cognitive, physical, and social skills. They are also becoming more independent and active, and are eager to explore their environment and learn new things.
During the toddler stage, children are beginning to:
- Develop their language and communication skills: They will start to say their first words and make simple sentences.
- Develop their fine motor skills: They will begin to use their fingers and hands to manipulate small objects, such as buttons, and will be able to draw with crayons.
- Develop their gross motor skills: They will begin to walk, run, and climb.
- Develop their self-help skills: They will start to feed themselves, dress themselves, and use the toilet.
- Develop their social and emotional skills: They will begin to understand and express their feelings, and will begin to form attachments to family members and caregivers.
During this stage, it is important for parents and caregivers to provide a safe and stimulating environment for toddlers to learn and explore. This includes providing opportunities for play, both indoors and outdoors, and encouraging children to be active and curious. It is also important to give them the time and space to develop their autonomy and independence.
Toddlers are at an important stage of development and it’s critical that they are provided with appropriate care and support. They are eager to learn and explore their environment, it’s important for parents and caregivers to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for them to grow and develop. If you’re interested in finding more information about caring for toddlers, you can contact your Radiant Pre School Indore for more information.